Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Baby Girl!!!


We are excited to announce our daughter Camden Elizabeth arrived at 3:19am, Saturday, 1/31/2009, a long and lean 5 lb 14oz and 19.5 inches. Camden is the name of a town in Maine that we sometimes visit during summer vacations to the area.

Apparently she didn't want to be induced so she decided to get things started in the late afternoon on Friday and things progressed relatively quickly from that point on.
Nancy and the baby are doing great and Nancy was up for an easy stroll around the block when we were able to come home Monday afternoon.

Camden is a little on the light side due to a slight lack of nourishment in utero because of the location of the connection of the umbilical cord to the placenta. She has shown to be a great eater and should have no problem catching up on her weight.
After an obvious lack of sleep on Friday night, we were both surprised by the solid night sleep we got Saturday night after the many stories told by various family and friends. We thought, "Gee, we could get used to this."

However, we were quickly brought back to reality on Sunday night with "cluster" feedings just about every hour during the night.














First Bath.
"Mom, open your ears..."



"...I told you I didn't want a bath!!!"



"I guess that wasn't soooo bad."



Getting ready to go home.

Apparently it will be awhile before 0-3 month clothes fit.



First car ride and going home.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! You know I have to ask this.... How many times has she pooped? :-)

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!! Nancy, how are you feeling?

Daren Williams said...

Welcome Camden! I see you've already given Camden her first swimming lesson. How soon until she starts riding/running?!

Daren

Mike Lewis said...

AWESOME, you guys are going to be great parents. I hope your adjusting to your new way of life.

Mike